Summary of Career
1980-Present, Fermi National National Laboratory, Batavia, IL.
- Engineer Associate--Created a robotic welding process called Visual Robotic
Welding. Visual Robotic Welding uses a device with four robotic arms to perform
remote internal welded pipe repairs, up to several thousand feet underground. This
device was nominated by FermiLab for an R&D 100 Award.
- Project Engineer--Contributed significantly to the design and development of the
E-835 Hydrogen Gas Jet. The Gas Jet produces a beam of hydrogen that is 420
degrees below zero, in an ultra-high vacuum. The Gas Jet is presently being used in
an ongoing high energy physics experiment at FermiLab.
- Designer of the experimental areas centralized gas mixing and distribution system.
This system accurately monitors critical gas mixtures and distributes them to 150
devices spread out over 13 miles of beam lines.
- Specialist in ultra high vacuum technology.
- Supervisor responsible for a group of technicians that fabricated, installed and
maintained the vacuum and gas systems in the Research Division.
1979-1980, Thermocouple Products, Winfield, IL
- Maintenance Department Head responsible for the installation, modification and
maintenance of all plant machinery, processes and electrical systems.
- Designed a plant wide closed loop cooling system.
1974 - 1979, Krack Corporation, Addison, IL
- Technical Specialist responsible for repairs to industrial refrigeration systems.
- Welding expert that traveled across the USA performing extremely difficult welds.
- Worked with a technical team in the research and development of industrial
1986 - 1990, Vokron Incorporated, West Chicago, IL.
- One of four individuals that founded Vokron Incorporated. Vokron was successful in
developing and marketing a telephone accessory product called Nobell. Nobell replaces the
normal ring of a telephone with programmable alternatives including digitized speech.
- Mauro Marinelli, Scientist, Univ. of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
- Mario Macri, Scientist, CERN Laboratory, Geneva, Switzerland
- Rich Stanek, Senior Engineer, Fermi Accelerator Laboratory
- Stephen Pordes, Particle Physics Dept.Head, Fermi Accelerator Laboratory
- Fermilab Technology Award, 1995
Visual Robotic Welding
- Fermilab Technology Award, 1991
Research Division Epoxy Internal Pipe Repair Apparatus
- The E760 Jet Target measurements of performance at 77K, FERMILAB-TM-1915
- The E835 Jet Target Measurements of performance at 20K, FERMILAB-inprogress
Back to the People Page
Back to the Bartoszek Engineering Home Page